Sunday, October 30, 2005

"Brilliant and Irrelevant"

Well, it's a bee-ooo-tee-ful day here in Steeltown, and I've been up to the usual--that is to say, nothing. Well, I listened to a preacher, walked around, bought some vinyl, ate teriyaki, fed the cat, drank some tea, warmed my nose in the sunlight...need I say more? No, but I will.

I also passed by the skatepark where a righteous session was going down. All the kool kids were there, tearing it up, and me without my board--but I didn't care. I'm not some poser show-off who has to prove himself in front of the other guys. Heck, I'm just glad that I can even still stand on a board, and the odd no-comply to backside tail is just icing on the beefcake.

But with all this good weather, and the pastoral, Sunday afternoon mood it puts one in, let us not forget the political turbulence--one could even say chaos--that has currently been unleashed on the Lower Frozen Blogosphere.

I found this (T)image on the Roboshrub site. It seems to depict an attack upon one of the hastily erected Lower Bolgosphere polling stations. Here in the west we often take democracy for granted. Let us not forget our digital, robotic kindred who, even as we indolently ignore our hard won right to vote, are currently struggling to establish freedom and accountability to thier virtual realm.

No comments: