Monday, July 04, 2005

Wildlife Update

I gave Murphy Murcurio the cat back to my neighbours yesterday, thinking that their four kids might be missing him. They have another little kitten, but it's not the same as a cuddly orange tabby. This morning, however, he had somehow escaped and was back in our yard. I like to put water in the kiddie pool to create a Serengeti kind of setting. At dusk, Murphy and our older grey cat come out to drink and lounge around in the cooling grass. I sit in a lawn chair and pretend that I'm king of the watering hole.

Example

My housemate found this cluster of timberfly nests in the shed the other day. It looks like two of them are still sealed, meaning that the larval insects might still be growing inside. I put the whole thing in a plastic container with air holes punched in the lid. I'm not sure if they will hatch or not, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments: