Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Example

Concrete Oasis


I lived too close to factories
I pushed a board around
Reliving my youth
In circles on the ground

The locals got to know me
We shared a scrap of hell
Turned it into heaven
And turned it back as well

A brotherhood of motion
And choreography
The older and the new school
Sharing history

Our own private Olympics
Tucked away from fame
Doing the impossible
Then doing it again

Few will ever understand
What it is we ride--
The mystery that surfs upon
The graffiti tide

I don't really comprehend
The meaning of it all:
The moment of suspension,
Salvation through a fall

I know I will forget the path
That lead me to that place--
The force that kept me stranded
Targeted by Grace

And moved my lips to bless the
Ground, the city and the sky
Trying to keep my balance
As trouble passed me by

3 comments:

jin said...

tis good to have a love
makes you feel so bold
ride that board into your
dreams & try 2 stay old.....
;-)

Gyrobo said...

I'm picturing a guitar. Strumming softly.

flatlander said...

I'm too frail to do much boarin' these days--that's why I hired a Stunt Double!