Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Yoda Ears

I've been in the nation's capital the past few days, visiting my folks. The weather here is cool and sunny despite the heat being generated by the Gommery inquiry. Saw the trailer for the new Star Wars film yesterday and got excited about it for the first time. Sure, Lucasfilm has become a major marketing franchise--like Disney with lightsabers--but the birth of Darth Vadar is a tale too tantalizing to miss. I won't be lining up weeks before the opening just to get a ticket for the first screening, but you can bet I'll be there a day or two later, with or without my Yoda ears.

2 comments:

kill-joy said...

Cool, I didn't know that your parents moved to D.C. I thought they lived in Canada. How is the weather there this time of year? Did you see Chris Hall & Andy Stone? How 'bout George Dub? Did you say hello for me? Just kiddin' where is the Canadain capital anyhoo? B.C. is still cold on and off. Just been back about a week. Can't sleep nights yet. Guess that's good though, been meditating heaps mate. Life is grand. I let my driving license lapse, so I haven't been able to drive to town for a skate just yet. I'll have to get a ride in the next few days if it is sunny, salmon arm has a small park that is good for a roll now and again. i'm alos looking forward to the star wars, when does it open? Take care broer(dutch-brother).

em said...

I always felt that if you were hardcore, you had the force. It just worked for you sometimes when you'd hit a bank just right.

For sure the yoda ears would have brought it to a whole other level. I hope you got your passport picture taken WITH...