Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Garbage Man

OK, that last post was a bit of a downer. Where would the world be without a little slapstick? Today the sun made a brief appearance and the crumbling buildings of downtown were lit by hazy halos. I found a broken skateboard on my way home (high-end Wal-Mart) and salvaged it for spare parts. Someone lodged a chewed-up deck in the tree beside the bridge over the railway tracks (the oldest steel bridge in Ontario, scheduled for possible demolition). The deck had a picture of a Cannabis leaf drawn on the grip tape in white paint. Spring is definitly here, and the landscape is blossoming with abandoned skategear. I also found a discarded Nike knee gasket by the side of the road. If it survives washing it could help keep my joints together for another season. Today I was smiling at everyone I met, for the simple reason that we all made it through another winter.

No comments: