Saturday, September 24, 2005

Rock-Steady Lives!

It’s been a while indeed. I have been out on an assignment. While working on mission called Radio Free Europe, I was taken captive for a short while. It was my own fault, I knew it wasn’t a good idea to work on a night with no moon. I cant get into the details right now, as time is running out. Only after a daring escape and a little luck, I came across these lyrics. It appears the Spambots are communicating through some sort of hidden codes within song lyrics, but I just can’t see it. Maybe it’s this searing headache that is breaking my concentration. Serves me right. I knew better than to go out on a night with no moon. I just hope that we can decipher this code before its too late.

But what does this all mean?….

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Mata ah-oo hima de
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,
Himitsu wo shiri tai


You're wondering who I am-machine or mannequin
With parts made in Japan, I am the modren man


I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.
So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide
To keep me alive-just keep me alive
Somewhere to hide to keep me alive


I'm not a robot without emotions-I'm not what you see
I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour, forget what you know
I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control
Beyond my control-we all need control
I need control-we all need control


I am the modren man, who hides behind a mask
So no one else can see my true identity


Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo
Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo


Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For doing the jobs that nobody wants to
And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto
For helping me escape just when I needed to
Thank you-thank you, thank you
I want to thank you, please, thank you


The problem's plain to see: too much technology
Machines to save our lives. Machines dehumanize.
The time has come at last
To throw away this mask


So everyone can see
My true identity...
I'm Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy!

9 comments:

flatlander said...

Good work Special Agent Rock-Steady!

The chorus to this song does, ideed, appear to be in some sort of code. We've got Fakie decoder programs working right now, trying to make some sense of it.

So far, it seems to be saying something like, "Japanese anime is a strange sub-culture". I hope the message, when we get it unravelled, was worth all the peril you faced to obtain it.

em said...

"I'm for sale"

Rock-steady said...

Good work EM. It appears that there are many pieces to this puzzle. I came across this while doing some research at Fakie-Grind substation #607. It appears Kilroy was once an agent of some sort. Read about his daring escape from the dreaded robots.

It looks like we maybe having to take a trip to Japan.

Rock-steady said...

I forgot to attach the link

www.styxnet.com/styxlyrics/roboto.htm

Roboshrub Incorporated said...

Now, I've been to Japan, and questioned the locals. And they want to know- "Who is Mr. Roboto?"

My sources point to only one connection- it rhymes with "Domo Arigatou." A splinter group known as the "Polysics" may also be involved somehow.

Also, something to do with American Pie. I'm not sure; my Japanese is... basic, at best.

flatlander said...

I already own a copy of the aforementioned album, and when I played it backwards, by the light of the full moon, after not having shaven for three days, while drinking a can of Brio Chinto (not Japanese, but it's got a funny name anyways), it said only this, over and over again: BEWARE THE SPAMBOTS! THE BAIN OF BLOGSPOTS!

Creepy eh? I think we have stumbled onto something much larger than initially anticipated.

Rock-steady said...

We have been working hard all afternoon trying to crack this code. Maybe the code is not actually in the words, but rather within the keyboard. Kinda like Morris code kind of thing. Hmm……I hate to even ask, maybe I shouldn’t….. What the hell, time is running out. Should we give the End Time Adjuster a crack at this?

Adjuster said...

Mention my name, and I appear!

This song is a Marxist critique of late industrial society. The secret the narrator is hiding under his skin is a special Endtime Monitor Chip (available online for $57.99) that keeps him plugged in to the Rapture Index, so he will be ready to go at a moment's notice when the Escape Ships arrive.

The name Kilroy is an annagram for Yorik-L, the last in a line of fabled Zen avatars from the Land of the Morning Lotus. He arrives, right on time, in the final throes of the Kali Yuga, to deliver the ultimate mind-thwarting Koan:

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto

It is written that when this popular song by Styx reaches the number one spot on the charts, the Spambots will rally in unison to jam the airwaves with meaningless gibberish, making it imposible for rational thought to gain any kind of toehold in the great cultural landslide that will make Transformers and Batman seem like universal saviours of humanity.

Rock-steady said...

We got it has been solved! We have a team of agents on the way to capture a computer used by the spambots to communicate their hidden messages. This day will go done as a victory for mankind! Today we declare our independence from the forces of Consumption!